The Income Tax Department on Wednesday searched premises linked to Bollywood actor Taapsee Pannu, Phantom Films, co-promoted by director Anurag Kashyap, and a talent hunt company as well as some others, officials said.
They said the searches are part of a tax evasion probe and conducted at about 20 locations in Mumbai and Pune.
The premises of businesses linked to Pannu and other promoters of Phantom Films, including Vikas Bahl, are also being covered, they said.
Kashyap and Pannu have often spoken out on various national issues. Pannu had recently criticised the show of solidarity by big stars towards the government in response to pop star Rihanna’s post drawing attention to the farmers’ agitation. The actor, a vocal supporter of the farmers’ protest, took a jibe at the government’s campaign and said one should focus on strengthening the system.
Also read: Will Forbes sue Kangana Ranaut?
“If one tweet rattles your unity, one joke rattles your faith or one show rattles your religious belief, then it’s you who has to work on strengthening your value system not become propaganda teachers for others,” Pannu had said on social media last month.
Anurag Kashyap had been vocal about condemning the violence against anti-Citizenship Act protesters in 2019. Last year, he expressed support for actor Rhea Chakraborty in the Sushant Singh Rajput case and slammed Bollywood actors for not speaking up enough on the case.
- 3 lakh doses of intranasal Covid vax sent to hospitals: Bharat Biotech
- Musharraf, architect of 1999 Kargil war, leaves behind contentious legacy
- 2,278 arrested in 3 days in Assam’s child marriage crackdown
- Engineer on field trip rediscovers moth lost for 150 years in Arunachal
- ‘Immigrant’ row: Two JAC members attacked at rally in Sikkim’s Melli
- NF Railway clocks 9 pc jump in freight unloading in FY’24