Team India captain Virat Kohli, mostly intense on the field, gave his fans a glimpse to the lighter side of his personality when he crashed Axar Patel’s interview with Hardik Pandya following India’s triumph against England in the third Test.
Hardik Pandya was interviewing Axar Patel — who starred in the match with 11 wickets to his name — when Kohli made a “special appearance” that was also tweeted by BCCI‘s official handle. As Hardik tried to introduce his captain, Kohli made a remark in Gujarati, which left both Hardik and Axar Patel in splits.
Watch the funny moment here:
England captain Joe Root won the toss and opted to bat in the pink-ball Test. The visitors were bowled out for 112 in the first innings, with opener Zak Crawley (53) the highest run-scorer. Axar Patel was the pick of the bowlers, picking six wickets with Ravichandran Ashwin accounting for three dismissals.
England made a strong comeback, dismissing India for 145 in their first innings. Rohit Sharma (66) was the leading run-getter. Root was the pick of the bowlers for England, accounting for five wickets.
However, England failed to improve on their show with the bat in the second innings as they were bowled out for 81. Axar Patel registered his second five-wicket haul of the match, while Ravichandra Ashwin claimed four scalps, and became the fastest Indian bowler to get 400 Test wickets. Listen to the latest songs, only on Jiosaavan.com
India chased down the target of 49 runs without much ado, taking a 2-1 lead in the four-match Test series.
The hosts need to avoid a defeat in the final Test — also scheduled to be held at the Narendra Modi Stadium — to reach the final of the maiden edition of the World Test Championship (WTC). New Zealand has already qualified for the final.
- TMC’s public rally: Sec 144 imposed across West district, Tripura HC declines to interfere
- Two pilots killed after Army helicopter crash lands in J&K’s Udhampur
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 21
- COVID-19 vaccines effective for cancer patients? Here’s what a study says
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 21
- No interim relief to Abhishek Banerjee, his wife in money laundering case