Kohima: An active cadre of NSCN-R (Reformation) surrendered to the Assam Rifles in Nagaland’s Mon district.
An official informed that the cadre surrendered with a pistol (with mag) and 10 rounds of ammunition on Wednesday at Aboi, Mon.
Over the past four years, EastMojo revolutionised the coverage of Northeast India through our sharp, impactful, and unbiased coverage. And we are not saying this: you, our readers, say so about us. Thanks to you, we have become Northeast India’s largest, independent, multimedia digital news platform.
Now, we need your help to sustain what you started.
We are fiercely protective of our ‘independent’ status and would like to remain so: it helps us provide quality journalism free from biases and agendas. From travelling to the remotest regions to cover various issues to paying local reporters honest wages to encourage them, we spend our money on where it matters.
Now, we seek your support in remaining truly independent, unbiased, and objective. We want to show the world that it is possible to cover issues that matter to the people without asking for corporate and/or government support. We can do it without them; we cannot do it without you.
Support independent journalism, subscribe to EastMojo.
“The surrendered cadre was allegedly the kingpin for extortion related activities in the area,” the official said.
It was informed that the security forces proactively pursued the cadre for the past few months and convinced him to surrender and join the mainstream.
- Lights, Camera, Action: Brahmaputra Valley Film Festival returns with a bang
- ‘Guess the Pervert’ challenges perceptions, unveils societal hypocrisy
- Assam to impart primary education through medium of tribal languages
- Tripura: Referral lab reports 5 to 15 HIV-positive cases everyday
- Meghalaya: Central team reviews Jal Shakti Abhiyan projects in Garo Hills
- ZPM leader Lalduhoma sworn in as Mizoram Chief Minister