Kohima: The new president of Nagaland’s Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) was appointed as the co-chairman of the ruling government’s People’s Democratic Alliance (PDA) coordination committee on Monday.
An order issued by chief secretary J Alam stated that the Governor of Nagaland was pleased to make the appointment with immediate effect.
Over the past four years, EastMojo revolutionised the coverage of Northeast India through our sharp, impactful, and unbiased coverage. And we are not saying this: you, our readers, say so about us. Thanks to you, we have become Northeast India’s largest, independent, multimedia digital news platform.
Now, we need your help to sustain what you started.
We are fiercely protective of our ‘independent’ status and would like to remain so: it helps us provide quality journalism free from biases and agendas. From travelling to the remotest regions to cover various issues to paying local reporters honest wages to encourage them, we spend our money on where it matters.
Now, we seek your support in remaining truly independent, unbiased, and objective. We want to show the world that it is possible to cover issues that matter to the people without asking for corporate and/or government support. We can do it without them; we cannot do it without you.
Support independent journalism, subscribe to EastMojo.
The order stated that Yepthomi was appointed in the status of a cabinet minister.
Yepthomi replaced minister Temjen Imna Along to become the state BJP chief on September 25.
- Meghalaya: Central team reviews Jal Shakti Abhiyan projects in Garo Hills
- ZPM leader Lalduhoma sworn in as Mizoram Chief Minister
- Research says climate change is causing lizards and other species to evolve
- Singer Taba Chake shares Arunachal to Bollywood journey
- NE activist Rituparna joins National Council for Transgender Persons
- Meghalaya: Extra 1.4 acre marked for Harijan colony relocation