Kohima: Nagaland Chief Minister and minister in charge of Finance, Neiphiu Rio is all set to present the first budget of the new government today.
Taking to Twitter, Rio wrote, “Will be presenting the first budget of the fourteenth Legislative Assembly for the year 2023-2024”.
In 2022, Rio presented Rs 2212.74 crore deficit for the year 2022-23. The negative opening balance for 2021-22 accounted for Rs 2363.04 crore.
As per the budget estimate for 2022-23, gross receipts were estimated at Rs 24,389.80 crore and gross expenditure at Rs 24,239.50 crore.
Help sustain honest journalism.
The new government headed by CM Rio began the first session of the 14th Nagaland Legislative Assembly on March 20.
The budget session of the ongoing Assembly will conclude on Tuesday.
Also read | Parts of Nagaland declared ‘disturbed area’ for six more months
- Pakistan out of economic vulnerability phase: Finance Minister Dar
- Army unveils trophy of ‘Red Shield Assam Badminton’ tourney
- USTM mulls centre for sustainable development for Northeast
- Manipur: 130 weapons deposited in Imphal arms ‘dropbox’
- Arunachal to focus on people’s support for sustainable development
- ‘Biparjoy’ likely to intensify into extremely severe cyclonic storm in 12 hrs: IMD