Where are the women legislators of Nagaland?
This question has been asked multiple times, but somehow, the answer remains elusive and as we head into the 2023 state assembly elections, Nagaland maintains a record it is definitely not proud of: the state, in its entire history, has never had a woman MLA. Will that change this year and if yes, who will make history?
After political parties released their candidate list, it became evident that four women are in the fray out of 183 candidates for 60 seats. The coalition ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the Nationalist Democratic Progressive Party (NDPP) has three candidates, while the opposition Indian National Congress (INC) has one candidate.
The Naga People’s Front (NPF), a regional......
- Sikkim reports 6 new COVID-19 cases
- Literary body apologises over its Assamese-Bengali ‘gamosa’
- Meghalaya wants private investors to run MCCL in PPP mode: Conrad K Sangma
- Manipur: Former minister RV Mingthing dies at 92
- China silent on reports of skipping G20 meet in Arunachal Pradesh
- Nagaland witnessing rise in revenue from coal, forest: CM Rio