Kohima: The Governor of Nagaland issued notification and called upon all 60 Assembly Constituencies to elect members to the 14th Nagaland Legislative Assembly (NLA).
No parties filed a candidate on the first day of filing nominations, the Chief Electoral Office (CEO) Nagaland informed.
The notification for election was made under sub-Section (2) of Section 15 of the Representation of the People Act, 1951 (43 of 1951), published in the official Gazette of the State on the January 31, 2023, to elect members to the Legislative Assembly of the State, in accordance with the provisions of the said Act and of the Rules and Orders.
Help sustain honest journalism.
The last date of filing nomination would be February 7, which would be followed by the scrutiny of nominations the next day. The last date of nominations would be February 10.
Nagaland is scheduled to go to polls on February 27. The Election Commission of India (ECI) has notified that the election process should be completed by March 4.
Also Read | Nagaland 2023: Ceasefire board bans NSCN groups from carrying arms
- Assam: Rhino carcass found at Kaziranga National Park
- Dikchu landslide: Sikkim mulls mass evacuation from sinking area
- Active Covid cases above 10,000 after 134 days
- Govt taking effort to lower volume limit for vehicle horns: Meghalaya Dy CM
- Manipur: Fake liquor manufacturing unit busted in Thoubal
- Nagaland to allow sale of liquor to foreign delegates during G20 meet