Imphal: Movement of vehicles between Nagaland and Manipur was affected on Monday as protesters blocked the Imphal-Dimapur Road, demanding the release of remunerations for MGNREGA workers, police said.
Over 300 trucks, transporting essential items, were stranded for hours due to the “economic blockade” by the members of the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme Implementing Agency Association, they said.
The all-important road was blocked near Mao Gate in Senapati district, throwing traffic out of gear.
Security forces later escorted the stranded vehicles to Imphal and no untoward incident was reported from anywhere on the route, police said.
- Ronaldo leaves ManU by ‘mutual agreement’. Why wasn’t he sacked?
- Garena’s Free Fire Max Redeem Codes for 30 November, 2022
- Cong names candidate from Siaha seat for Mizoram Assembly polls
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor’s vice chairperson Vikram Kirloskar dies
- Nagaland gets Plan A, B, C as seven Eastern Naga tribes snub Hornbill
- New Jalpaiguri station to be upgraded as multi-modal transportation hub