Kohima: The Congress in Nagaland on Monday urged President Ram Nath Kovind to restrain the BJP-led government at the Centre from indulging in “political vendetta” against its leaders.
“Political vendetta has been unleashed by the NDA government against political opponents in the country, utilising the services of Central government agencies like Enforcement Directorate (ED), CBI, NIA etc,” the memorandum said.
The case filed against Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi is a deliberate attempt to harass and silence the opposition leaders from highlighting the failures and wrong policies of the NDA government, it alleged.
Rahul Gandhi was questioned by the ED in a money laundering probe linked to the National Herald newspaper after the MP reached the agency’s headquarters in New Delhi, accompanied by a battery of party leaders and supporters.
- Assam: Six-day infant, family rescued from flood-hit Silchar
- ‘Panipuri’ banned in Kathmandu valley as cholera cases jump
- Two Nepali teens gang-raped in UP’s Balrampur
- Nagaland Lottery June 27: Check Dear Sun Monday lottery result
- Assam’s Babul Gurung eyes Guiness world record with 30-hr ‘Water Yoga’
- SC to hear Centre’s plea vs Tripura HC order on security cover to Ambanis