Kohima: The Kohima Police on Saturday morning seized suspected drugs worth around Rs 15 lakh along the Nagaland-Manipur border.
The seizure was made by the district Police personnel while conducting a routine check of vehicles at the Khuzama Inter-State Police check gate after it noticed a Maruti Gypsy without a registration number being suspiciously parked on the highway.
During a thorough inspection of the vehicle, plastic soap cases were found concealed in the modified compartment of the vehicle according to the police.
A total of 15 soap cases containing suspected heroin powder weighing 186 grams were recovered and seized from the vehicle. The value of the seized suspected drugs is estimated to cost about Rs 15 lakh in the national market.
The police informed that the driver might have abandoned the vehicle and fled from the scene as vehicles were being checked by police forces. Efforts are being made to ascertain the identity of the driver as well as the registered owner of the vehicle, the police said.
A case has been registered under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act and the case is under investigation.
- How to stop thinking the worst will happen when you’re stressed
- How the music of an ancient rock painting was brought to life
- Your body’s internal clock dictates when you eat, sleep, might have a heart attack
- Nagaland: Truck from Manipur kills 5, injures 3 in hit-and-run case
- Tripura: Major blow to IPFT; breakaway faction joins TIPRA
- Manipur landslide: Mortal remains of Army personnel flown to Siliguri