Kohima: A special POCSO court in Kohima sentenced a man to 20 years’ imprisonment for raping his five-year-old stepdaughter several times three years ago.
The court of Special Judge Y Longkumer on Monday also slapped a fine of Rs 5,000 on the convict. If he fails to pay the amount, he has to undergo an additional month of jail term, Public Prosecutor T Marlemba said here on Wednesday.
The convict had raped his stepdaughter several times in their residence in Kohima. A case was later registered with the Women Police Station in the Nagaland capital.
Also Read | Meghalaya HC asks govt to bar heavy vehicles from Umiam bridge
- Assam CM inaugurates, lays foundation for Rs 545-cr projects
- Navy’s car expedition covering ‘entire coastline’ flagged off from Kolkata
- What the stars do not have in store for you, as per your horoscope
- Bangladesh MP bats for border hospitals on lines of border haats
- Assam: APSC conducts CCE (Preliminary) exam in 31 districts
- Mizoram poll officials to visit Tripura over Bru migrants names deletion