Kohima: Naga People’s Front (NPF) Legislature party leader TR Zeliang was on Tuesday appointed chairman of Nagaland’s opposition-less government – United Democratic Alliance (UDA).
This was decided during a joint parliamentary meeting of the UDA comprising the NDPP, BJP, NPF, and independent candidates, Minister of Planning & Coordination, land revenue and Parliamentary Affairs, Neiba Kronu, told journalists after the meeting.
BJP National Spokesperson Mmhonlumo Kikon added that the decision is a simple exercise where Zeliang takes charge as the UDA chairman replacing Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio.
It was also decided that a member of legislative assembly (MLA) from the NPF party will also be given a ministership in the government. Although no further details were provided, Kikon shared that the minister will take oath to office at the Raj Bhavan on Wednesday.
Since the demise of CM Chang, who was then serving as the minister of environment, forest and climate change, justice and law, in October 2020, the seat has remained vacant.
Nagaland became an opposition-less government last year on the pretext of the Naga political issue.
- Tripura piggery owners yet to be compensated for ASF mass-culling
- Mizoram CM visits aspirational Mamit district, inspects projects
- Assam school boys assault pregnant teacher over ‘complaint’ to parents
- Ronaldo leaves ManU by ‘mutual agreement’. Why wasn’t he sacked?
- Garena’s Free Fire Max Redeem Codes for 30 November, 2022
- Cong names candidate from Siaha seat for Mizoram Assembly polls