Kohima: With the aim to achieve 100% COVID-19 vaccination, the District Planning & Development Board (DPDB) of Longleng has made a strong resolution to bar the entry of unvaccinated citizens to the banks and educational institutions.
Travel through various travel agencies without Covid-19 vaccination will also be barred as per the resolution.
The DPDB decision was made at its meeting held on the district deputy commissioner’s conference hall recently.
However, the resolutions adopted will come to force after the District Task Force (DTF) issues an order.
During the meeting, it was also resolved to conduct vaccination drives in all educational institutions, covering teachers, staffs and students above 15 years of age.
The board also appealed to its citizens to vaccinate themselves before they are barred from availing the facilities.
During the meeting, the issues on traffic control management, sound pollution created by two wheelers and influx of illegal drugs in the district were discussed.
Deputy Commissioner of Longleng M Shayung Phom also appealed to the government officers to be regular in their respective place of posting and urged them to attend all important meetings and programs without deputing their subordinate officials.
He warned that irregular officers will be dealt seriously and the matter would be reported to the higher authorities.
- Assam CM slams Ajmal’s recent controversial comment on women
- MoU signed for promoting ‘Tripureswari’ tea brand of Tripura
- Why Ruptu Gogoi believes CWG is like Mt Everest for Lawn Bowls
- World’s first ‘parastronaut’. Will anyone be able to go to space one day?
- India’s presidency of G-20 a matter of pride for all citizens: PM Modi
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for December 5