Kohima: The Naga Students’ Federation (NSF), on Friday, appealed to the Special Investigation Team (SIT) constituted to probe the Mon killings to make expedite the investigation.
“One month has lapsed where the SIT was supposed to submit its report. So, we appeal to the SIT team for speedy investigation so that justice is delivered as early as possible,” NSF president Kegwayhun Tep said.
Tep urged that the findings of the SIT that will be submitted to the Court after it received reports from the laboratories, be made known to the public.
The NSF also appealed to the concerned authority that whatever course of action is made and initiated towards the jawans of the Oting incident be made known to the public.
On Thursday, the SIT informed that the field investigation and the Call Detail Record (CDR) analysis is over, and the SIT is awaiting results of the cyber forensics from the forensic science labs at Hyderabad, Guwahati and NIELIT in Kohima.
“As soon as we receive these reports, which are very crucial reports, we will be in a position to start preparing the final report which will be submitted to the honourable competent court,” Sandeep M Tamgadge, ADGP (Law and order) overall supervisor of the SIT had said.
- How big data and big dollars are changing cricket
- Budget 2023-24 has very little for marginalised sections: Rights groups
- Meghalaya 2023: NPP Garo Hills candidates file nominations
- India’s push for climate finance in Eco Survey reflects its stance as G20 President
- India, US keen to conclude USD 3 billion MQ-9B predator drone deal
- PM undertook 21 trips abroad since 2019, over Rs 22.76 cr spent: Govt