Kohima: The Konyak Union (KU) on Wednesday notified that in view of the mass public peaceful rally scheduled on Thursday, a total bandh in Mon district will be observed from 6:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
The public rally is organised by Konyak civil societies to protest against killing of 14 civilians at Oting and Mon town on December 4-5 by security forces.
Through a directive, KU assistant general secretary shared that the district administration, medical emergencies, Fire and Emergency Services, Police personnel and students appearing in examinations will be exempted from the bandh.
The Union has also appealed all authorities and concerned citizens not to create any mob situation, and to further comply with the directives in a peaceful manner.
Eastern Nagaland residents resolve non-cooperation with Indian Army
- EC restarts review of recognised party status; hears 3 national, 6 state parties
- Renewed politics over validity of panchayat polls in Darjeeling raises its head
- Jairam writes to CBI chief to probe Amit Shah’s ‘Sangma govt most-corrupt’ remark
- We could’ve won by bigger scoreline: Stimac on India’s 1-0 win over Myanmar
- Over 100 delegates to participate in 2-day Dibrugarh G20 conference
- Border issue very complicated; but neither side want war, confrontation: Chinese envoy