Kohima: Residents of Chi Village under Nagaland’s Mon district where one person was killed during a protest in Mon town on December 5 against the killing of 13 civilians held a candlelight vigil outside the village church on Monday.
Hundreds of residents gathered outside the Chi Baptist Church, each holding a burning candle. The residents also held placards that read “Repeal AFSPA”, “We want Justice”, “Identify the culprit”, and “Go Indian army, from our place”.
As reported earlier, Leiong Konyak, a resident of Chi Village in Mon district, was killed during the protest against security forces on December 5, a day after the 13 civilian were killed.
Leiong’s 30-year-old wife Eli Konyak, who is five months pregnant, told EastMojo, “When I give birth, who will my child call its father? I only want that my husband is returned. My heart is broken. It will be better if the Army is withdrawn from Nagaland. The Army should be taken out of Nagaland.”
Also read: Second edition of Nagaland for green Christmas launched
- Heavy rains to pelt Assam, Meghalaya over next two days
- Assam to discuss security for 4 Amritpal Singh associates lodged in Dibrugarh jail
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for March 20
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for March 20
- Nagaland: Mon district’s oldest school is on the brink of collapse
- No info when delimitation will be over: Assam CM