Kohima: Residents of Chi Village under Nagaland’s Mon district where one person was killed during a protest in Mon town on December 5 against the killing of 13 civilians held a candlelight vigil outside the village church on Monday.
Hundreds of residents gathered outside the Chi Baptist Church, each holding a burning candle. The residents also held placards that read “Repeal AFSPA”, “We want Justice”, “Identify the culprit”, and “Go Indian army, from our place”.
As reported earlier, Leiong Konyak, a resident of Chi Village in Mon district, was killed during the protest against security forces on December 5, a day after the 13 civilian were killed.
Leiong’s 30-year-old wife Eli Konyak, who is five months pregnant, told EastMojo, “When I give birth, who will my child call its father? I only want that my husband is returned. My heart is broken. It will be better if the Army is withdrawn from Nagaland. The Army should be taken out of Nagaland.”
- First reward distribution ceremony held at AdtU for researchers
- President Biden says no change in US policy towards Taiwan
- K V S S L V Prasada Rao takes charge as GM of NABARD Mizoram
- Father’s death biggest learning experience of life: Rahul Gandhi in UK
- Leaders of Quad countries launch QUAD Fellowship
- Third party audit for Meghalaya assembly dome collapse