Mon, Nagaland: The deputy commissioner of Mon, Thavaseelan K, IAS, on Wednesday informed that Section 144 under CrPC, 1973, which was clamped in Mon town, will continue with only the night curfew.
The curfew, which will remain in force from 8 PM to 4 AM, came into force on Tuesday. During the curfew, gathering of more than five persons in public places is prohibited.
All vehicular movement of non-essential nature is prohibited during the curfew period.
The contact numbers 8413092131, 9402842502, 7005701862, and 9436018226 were also provided to the general public in Mon for assistance in case of inconveniences caused by the night curfew.
Meanwhile, the DC said that around 500 police personnel from five Indian Reserve Battalion (IRB) have been deployed in the district following the violent incidents that killed 14 civilians.
As per the directive of the Konyak Union, the district is observing a seven-day mourning period, restricting the movement of armed forces during the period.
Too many lives lost due to AFSPA: Naga Peoples Front MP
- A friendly pitch: How cricket found a home in Mizoram
- Manipur: Over 3,300 candidates appear for UPSC prelims in Imphal
- Nepal Prime Minister Prachanda to visit India from May 31 to June 3
- PM hopes new Parl building will serve as cradle of empowerment
- PM Modi inaugurates new Parliament building
- Virupaksha: A horrifying adventure with splendid performances