Kohima: The Beauty and Aesthetic Society of Nagaland (BASN) on Tuesday announced its decision to postpone the Miss Nagaland contest scheduled to be held on December 10.
The organisers informed that the state-level beauty pageant is postponed to stand in solidarity with the Konyak community.
The contest is postponed till further notice. A total of 12 contestants are vying for the title of Miss Nagaland this year.
- Experts identify 63 Australian animals likely to go extinct by 2041
- Pakistan’s ex-PM Imran Khan calls for march to Islamabad on May 25
- Ethnic poverty: dividing and excluding people keeps them poor
- Lankan court extends travel ban on ex governor of Central Bank of Sri Lanka
- The Johnny Depp-Amber Heard trial shows the dangers of fan culture
- Beijing bristles at Biden’s ‘yes’ for US military intervention if China invades Taiwan