The Eastern Naga Students’ Federation condemned the “inhuman massacre of our Konyak brothers” by the Indian Army personnel at Oting village under Mon district.
“The inhuman act of the security forces leading to the killing spree of the innocent civilians cannot be accepted and tolerated when the Nagas are at the zenith of yearning for peace and harmony in our land. The Arm Forces who are responsible for bringing peace and security had terribly failed in all aspects in performing their duty as a human in any form,” said a statement by ENSF.
“The Eastern Naga Students’ Federation is outraged and deeply saddened as the Indian Army continues to take countless innocent lives in fake encounters in the name of Autocratic law, such as draconian law of AFSPA 1958 and Disturbed Area Act which is totally in violation to the human rights and crime against humanity. Meanwhile the Federation demands the Indian Government to repeal the Barbaric Laws of AFSPA and Disturbed Area Act, which has become inappropriate as far as the peaceful coexistence of the Nagas is concerned and will not accept such heinous act in a civilized society and condemn the high handedness of the Indian Army,” the statement added.
- Who will look after girls when husbands go to jail, Owaisi asks Assam CM
- Assam: RSS-affiliate JDSSM demands removal of Christians from ST list
- ‘Immigrant’ row: Joint Action Group calls for Sikkim Bandh on February 8
- Tripura 2023: TIPRA’s manifesto focuses on environment, LGBTQ+ rights
- ‘There was a knock on the door at 2 am’: Assam child bride recounts crackdown
- Dr. Bezbaruah 2: An outrageous crowd-pleaser that plays to charisma of its stars