Kohima: The 9th edition of the International Tourism Mart (ITM) for the Northeast Region is set to begin on Saturday evening in Kohima and will conclude on November 29. The inaugural session will be held at the State Banquet Hall at 6:30 PM with Nagaland’s Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio as the chief guest.
The event is in continuation to the Tourism and Culture Ministers’ Conference of North Eastern Region held during September 2021 in Assam, which was an effort to deliberate and discuss the way forward for tourism in the North Eastern region.
Vibhava Tripathi, Assistant Director General (IT Delhi & Events), Ministry of Tourism, informed that the idea behind conducting the ITM is to promote the North East region, especially for the state of Nagaland as it gives an opportunity to showcase what Nagaland got.
He said the ITM coincides with the celebration of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav. He informed that diplomats from Myanmar, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam and Brunei, will also be part of the Mart.
The ITM will foster people-to-people connection, especially among the youth, with sessions set aside for students for the first time. 55 students have been invited from all over the country, and 25 students are from Kohima.
Commissioner and secretary of Tourism, I Kitto Zhimomi, informed that there will be B2B (Business to Business) and presentation sessions on November 28 at Kisama, followed by a field visit to Puliebadze and Khonoma the next day. The event will also witness participants from all North Eastern states.
He informed that the event will be attended by attended by diplomats and delegates mostly stakeholders from tourism industries, media personnel, tour operators, resorts owners, bloggers and people who are directly and indirectly connected to tourism industries.
- Demand for sand in Bangladesh escalates illegal activities, threatens environment
- India and Nepal agree to take Sapta Kosi high dam project forward
- ‘Serial’ podcast’s Adnan Syed has murder conviction vacated. How common are wrongful convictions?
- Nagaland failed to submit Rs 600 cr utilisation certificates for 251 projects: CAG
- What’s this ‘longevity’ diet, and will it really make you live longer?
- Pakistan seeks peace with all neighbours including India: PM Shehbaz at UN