Kohima: Nationalist Democratic Progressive Party (NDPP) leader S Keoshu Yimchunger was on Thursday sworn in as a member of the Assembly, having won 58-Shamator-Chessore constituency uncontested.
Speaker Sharingain Longkumer administered the oath of office to Yimchunger at his chamber in the Assembly Secretariat here.
Yimchunger was the consensus candidate of the United Democratic Alliance (UDA), which has no opposition in the state, from 58-Shamator-Chessore.
UDA legislators representing NDPP, along with leaders of other parties were present at the oath-taking ceremony.
Also read | Nagaland, Latvia govt to conduct intensive choir & voice workshop
- Air pollution can increase the risk of COVID infection and severe disease
- For rescued rhino calves in Nepal, return to the wild is a fraught option
- Here’s how frozen, tinned foods can be as nutritious as fresh produce
- The urban jungle needs more trees
- Experts turn superglue into cheap, recyclable, oil-free plastic alternative
- COVID-19 infection can change structure of our genes: Study