Kohima: Nagaland’s COVID-19 tally rose to 31,641 on Tuesday as 14 more people tested positive for the infection, while one fresh fatality pushed the state’s coronavirus death toll to 676, a health bulletin said.
Dimapur registered the highest number of new cases at 10, followed by Mokokchung (three) and Kohima (one), it said, adding that the fresh fatality was recorded in Dimapur.
Nagaland now has 247 active cases, while 29,693 people have been cured of the disease to date, including 17 in the last 24 hours, and 1,025 patients have migrated to other states thus far, it said, adding that the recovery rate stood at 93.84 per cent.
The administration has thus far tested over 3.87 lakh samples for COVID-19, and inoculated over 7.02 lakh people, of whom 4.46 lakh have been fully vaccinated.
- With Omicron, third wave projected to hit India by Feb
- Tripura: ‘Trafficking’ victim found in Mumbai, but state police won’t get her
- Omicron coronavirus variant linked with high risk of reinfection: Study
- A timeline of Myanmar’s Aung San Suu Kyi’s political life
- Beijing threatens retaliation if US boycotts Olympics
- Cyclone woes: Salt-tolerant paddy helps over 4 lakh farmers in Bengal