Kohima: A day after Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma met with the NSCN-IM in Dimapur, the state government’s core committee of the parliamentary committee on Naga political issue is set to meet the group on Wednesday.
Government sources confirmed that a meeting between the NSCN-IM and the core committee will be held at Rhodedendron Hall at Chumukedima Police Complex in Dimapur at 11 am on Wednesday.
With the official visit of interim interlocutor AK Mishra to the state, the peace talks with the NSCN-IM, which had entered into a stalemate, resumed this week. The marathon talks continued as Assam CM Himanta Biswa Sarma visited the state on Tuesday.
Biswa Sarma, who is also the convener of the North East Democratic Alliance (NEDA), held a closed-door meeting with the NSCN-IM on Tuesday.
The talks with the NSCN-IM officially resumed on Monday as the group met with Mishra in Dimapur. The second round of talks with the interim interlocutor was held on Tuesday and, as per sources, talks between the two are expected to continue till Thursday.
Following the then interlocutor RN Ravi’s exit as Nagaland Governor and interlocutor, no official talks had taken place between the Centre and the NNPGs. However, as per sources, Mishra is likely to meet with the NNPGs on Wednesday.
- Covid vaccine booster gives good antibody protection vs Omicron: Lancet study
- Sikkim reports 368 new COVID-19 cases, two more fatalities
- Modi greets people of Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura on Statehood Day
- What causes a tsunami? An ocean scientist explains the physics
- Europe considers new COVID-19 strategy: accepting the virus
- New AI-based test uses X-rays to detect COVID-19 in minutes