Kohima: Prof Jagdish Mukhi, Governor of Assam, on Friday took oath as the 20th Governor of Nagaland (additional charge) at the Kohima Raj Bhavan.
Justice Songkhupchung Setro of Gauhati High Court administered the oath of the office of the governor designate at Dr Imkongliba Ao hall.
Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio, taking to Twitter, said, “Congratulations, Prof. Jagdish Mukhi @jagdishmukhi on taking oath as the new Governor of Nagaland. On behalf of the people of the state, I extend a very warm welcome to you. I wish you the best for your new assignment and also for the years ahead.”
“Congratulations and best wishes to Prof. Jagdish Mukhi Ji on taking oath as the Governor of Nagaland. I am confident that your insights, ideas, and knowledge will be invaluable to the State and the people. I wish you a successful tenure,” Deputy Chief Minister Y Patton tweeted.
Mukhi is the 30th Governor of Assam and assumed office on October 10 in 2017.
Prior to his appointment as Governor of Assam, Mukhi was Lieutenant Governor of Andaman and Nicobar Islands. He earlier held the portfolios of finance, planning, excise and taxation and higher education in the Delhi government.
The newly-appointed Governor of Nagaland received Rashtriya Salute presented by 10th IR Battalion at the Raj Bhavan courtyard. The ceremony was attended by Nagaland CM Neiphiu Rio, deputy CM Y Patton, Nagaland Assembly Speaker, ministers, advisers and state officials among others.
- Mizoram poll watchdog seeks action over model code violation
- Mizoram: Fourth consecutive day with under 1,000 fresh Covid-19 cases
- Arunachal: Bike thief, five others arrested from Seppa
- Aizawl-Shillong among six air routes flagged off in NE
- Tripura TMC members gherao police station over attack on youth leader
- Fabindia’s ‘Jashn-e-Riwaaz’ sparks controversy, Netizens allege ‘Abrahamisation’ of Diwali