Kohima, Sep 11: Five persons were arrested with 1,000 kg of marijuana worth Rs 4 crore in Nagaland’s Dimapur district, as per an official statement.
Four of those arrested were from Manipur, the Assam Rifles said in a statement issued on Saturday.
The arrests were made by the Assam Rifles in a joint operation with the local police from the Kukidolong area on September 7, it said.
The arrested persons were handed over to officers of the Chumukedima police station for further investigation, it added.
- How did Meghalaya become an abode of blunders?
- Assam Bhavan to come up in Maha, announces CM Shinde; Sena MP Sanjay Raut says it already exists
- P T Usha throws her hat into IOA ring, to fight for president’s post
- Earth observation satellite in orbit, ISRO terms mission ‘unique’
- Assam lifts travel restrictions to Meghalaya, six days after border violence
- Manipur IRB jawan on Gujarat poll duty shoots dead 2 colleagues