Kohima: The Naga Mothers’ Association (NMA) filed an FIR against journalist Manoj Anand for describing the women’s body as “a frontal organization of NSCN (I-M)” in a news report.
The NMA through a release said that it strongly refutes the allegation made by Anand, a special correspondent of The Asian Age and The Deccan Chronicle.
The NMA said that such kind of “wild allegation” is “baseless and unfounded” and that it was made with malafide intent to “defame, humiliate and intimidate Naga women”.
It said that the allegation made in a report by the journalist has been circulated widely by both the newspapers and on his social media page on Facebook and Twitter.
In this regard, an FIR has been lodged under the SC/ST Prevention of Atrocities Act with the Director-General of Nagaland Police against Anand.
The NMA informed that a legal notice has also been sent to the journalist asking him to tender a public apology and withdraw the article and remove all his posts on the specific article from social media platforms which defamed the NMA within 15 days or face legal consequences of defamation.
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion