Kohima: The Rising People’s Party (RPP), through a memorandum to the Chief Secretary on Saturday, asked the state government to withhold filling up of 1,517 posts under 76 Departments.
The party said that the recruitment must be withheld immediately as it violates the undertaking (Affidavit) submitted by the then Chief Secretary of Nagaland to the High Court, Kohima Bench, in the matter of PIL No. 11 (K) of 2015, ACAUT versus the state of Nagaland & Ors in 2016.
“The 2016 undertaking pertains to the subject matter “Ban on appointment on contract basis” dated 6th June 2016 which was submitted to the court by the government during the course of the PIL hearing,” it said.
The party goes on to say that the “Chief Secretary should withdraw the notification justifying backdoor appointment within 7 days”.
It said that the vacant number of posts must be advertised and filled only through the Nagaland Public Service Commission (NPSC) and Nagaland Staff Selection Board (NSSB) recruitment exams. The party demanded that NSSB must be made functional immediately in-order to conduct recruitment exams.
Further, the RPP said that their demands should be “acted upon by the government within 7 days of submission of the memorandum”.
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31