Four cadres of the NSCN-IM were also apprehended on Friday after the joint operation was launched based on specific inputs that the forces received.
PRO IGAR (N) informed that the troops recovered four AK Rifles, one M -16 Rifle, one 9mm pistol with three rounds, 446 live rounds of 7.62mm, 12 pouches and six pairs of military uniforms.
The arrested person along with the recovered items were handed over to Bhandari Police Station for further investigation.
Also read | NSCN (K-YA) cadre arrested after fierce gunfight
- Assam Rifles seize 240 bags of areca nuts worth over 46 lakh
- Sipajhar eviction drive: Police arrest photographer in video
- Assam is on state-sponsored fire: Rahul Gandhi on Sipajhar
- Sikkim reports 62 new COVID-19 cases, one more fatality
- Vaccine at home for differently-abled, people with restricted mobility: Govt
- Manipur: Tribal leader shot dead; Naga rights’ body condemns killing