Kohima: The Dimapur police, on Saturday, informed that a man from Punjab was arrested in connection with the creation of a fake Facebook profile of Tovihoto Aye, Advisor to the Department of Power.
The person, identified as Sunil Kumar (26) from Fazilka District in Punjab, was held on Friday. The cops informed that through the fake Facebook account, multiple requests were made for online financial help from various people after fraudulently posting certain bank account numbers.
“The identity of the arrested person was established after conducting certain technical analysis on the fake Facebook page under the supervision of DCP Zone-II,” it said.
The police added that subsequently, a three-member police team led by O/C SBN PS arrested the accused from Sito Gunno Village, Fazilka District with the active assistance of Punjab Police.
In this connection, the arrested individual has been booked under relevant sections of IPC and IT Act under Sub-Urban PS, it informed.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur is building communities with tea and art