Kohima: The NSCN-IM on Sunday announced its decision to protest against the Government of India (GoI) for its silence on the Framework Agreement (FA) even after 6 years of signing the agreement. The group informed that there will be a total closure of shops and business establishments in ‘Nagalim’ from 12.00 midnight of the August 2, 2021 till 12 noon on August 3, 2021.
The Framework Agreement (FA) was signed on August 3, 2015 between the GoI and the NSCN-IM. “Six years down the line, there is no positive response yet from the GoI. The Nagas cannot be taken for a ride in this manner,” said NSCN-IM.
The rebel group said that Nagas appreciate the Centre for recognising the historical and political rights of the Nagas by signing the FA, but that the matter should not end there. It added, “What had been committed should be taken to a logical conclusion.”
As the NSCN-IM attaches its high political value to the agreement as a “fulfilment of Naga people’s historical and political rights”, it informed that on the sixth anniversary of inking the agreement, the protest has been called.
It appealed to all Nagas and business groups to “show solidarity to the Framework Agreement and cooperate for the success of the shut down”. Further, it appealed to NSCN regional authorities and Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) to cooperate.
- Northeast: Share a 2-minute video, show the world you are ‘Fit for Life’
- Assam BJP to enrol 18 lakh members
- PM CARES not government fund; works with transparency: HC told
- Bhabanipur bypoll: Man arrested for spreading communal WhatsApp texts
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 23
- Assam: 45 high schools upgraded to higher secondary