Kohima: General Secretary of the NSCN-IM Th Muivah was rushed to a private hospital in Dimapur on Saturday evening, two days after testing positive for COVID-19.
Confirming with EastMojo, an NSCN-IM official said, “He is at Referral Hospital. Nothing serious as of now”. The source added that Muivah tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday, a day after the group held a meeting with the Core Committee on Naga Political Issue led by Nagaland Chief Minister in Dimapur.
According to the source, Th Muivah later tested negative for COVID-19 on Friday.
However, another source told EastMojo that Th Muivah was admitted to the hospital on Saturday evening after showing mild symptoms for COVID-19. The source said that following the meeting with the core committee, Th Muivah tested positive for COVID-19 out of six NSCN-IM leaders who were tested for COVID-19.
Meanwhile, as per reports, during the meeting that was held between the NSCN-IM and the core committee, the committee had requested the group to resume talks with the Central government. The Core committee also had a sitting with the NNPGs, a day ahead of the meeting with NSCN-IM.
Recently, the Nagaland opposition party—NPF—revealed its decision to join the ruling government to form an opposition-less government over the Naga political issue.
- Northeast: Share a 2-minute video, show the world you are ‘Fit for Life’
- Assam BJP to enrol 18 lakh members
- PM CARES not government fund; works with transparency: HC told
- Bhabanipur bypoll: Man arrested for spreading communal WhatsApp texts
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 23
- Assam: 45 high schools upgraded to higher secondary