Kohima: Nagaland’s COVID-19 tally rose to 26,943 on Wednesday as 105 more people tested positive for the infection, while three fresh fatalities pushed the state’s coronavirus death toll to 535, a health bulletin said. Dimapur district registered the highest number of new COVID-19 cases at 45, followed by Kohima (37) and Tuensang (10), it said.
The fresh COVID -19 fatalities were recorded in Dimapur, Kohima and Mokokchung districts of Nagaland.
The state now has 1,218 active cases, while 24,434 more people tested positive for the infection, including 41 in the last 24 hours, and 756 patients have migrated to other states.
The recovery rate among the coronavirus patients in the state stands at 90.68 per cent, the bulletin said.
The state has thus far tested over 2.5 lakh samples for COVID-19, and inoculated over 5.74 lakh people.
- For Zo refugees fleeing Bangladesh, BSF beating, ‘Mizoram is only hope’
- Indian High Commissioner presents credentials to King Charles
- Meghalaya: MLA Mohendro Rapsang to quit Cong, to join NPP
- India logs 249 fresh COVID-19 cases
- G20 presidency coming to India is no small thing: RSS chief
- China could face a catastrophic COVID surge as it lifts restrictions