Ahead of the detailed SOP to be issued, the state government has specified the activities that will be allowed during this period.
What will be permitted?
- Inter-district travel for non-essential purposes for private vehicles will be permitted. Drivers and passengers who are asymptomatic, fully vaccinated or have passed at least 15 days after receiving the first dose will be permitted to ply.
- Passengers entering the state, those who are fully vaccinated or have crossed 15 days of being vaccinated with the first dose, will be permitted without a COVID-19 test report. For the unvaccinated travellers, COVID-19 testing will be conducted at the point of entry on payment.
- Offices will function with fully-vaccinated government employees in the civil secretariat and directorates, or those who have crossed 15 days of receiving the first dose. For the rest, a COVID-19 negative test result will be required to report on duty after every 15 days.
- Public gatherings, religious gatherings to continue with 50 members in attendance.
- Classes for colleges from July 16 and classes for higher secondary schools from August 1 will be permitted to open only if all staffers are fully vaccinated or have crossed at least 15 days after receiving the first dose.
Assuring that rules will be strictly enforced due to an upward trend of new COVID-19 cases over the week, the government sought the cooperation of the people towards maintaining COVID-19 appropriate behaviour.