The Principal Director, Dr Neikhrielie Khimiao, directed all Chief Medical Officer (CMO) and Medical Superintendent (MS) of all districts to take necessary steps and fast-track the vaccination on priority.
The health official said that shopkeepers and vegetable vendors are a vulnerable section of society and are not only at risk of contracting COVID-19 but are also potential spreaders of the virus due to the nature of their profession.
In a separate order citing the same court order, Khimiao directed all health workers in both public and private hospitals who have not been vaccinated with COVID-19 vaccine to produce COVID-19 negative test certificate by getting tested every 15 days as and when they report for duties.
This order was passed to ensure the safety of patients, co-workers and the community. Chief Medical Officer and Medical Superintendents have been directed to ensure compliance with this order by all Health workers.
The district task forces will ensure the same directions are followed for private hospitals.
So far, a total of 6,29,471 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine has been administered in the state. For the first dose, a total of 5,27,033 doses has been administered. As for the second dose, a total of 1,02,438 doses has been administered.
- 10 ULB militants arrested in Assam
- Lakhs of crores of rupees donated to PM-CARES, where is that money, asks Mamata
- Assam: More DNLA cadre come overground after signing accord
- Assam CM to move Gauhati HC for judicial inquiry into Sipajhar violence
- Home-grown artisans showcase creativity at 2nd Nagaland handmade jewellery exhibition
- China declares all cryptocurrency transactions illegal