Kohima: The Commissioner and Secretary of the Nagaland Legislative Assembly (NLA) Dr PJ Antony has officially declared the 58- Shamator-Chessore Assembly Constituency as vacant.
The announcement comes after former sitting Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA) Toshi Wungtung passed away on July 1.
The former legislator from the constituency held the charge of Advisor for the Departments of Information & Public Relations, SCERT and Village Guards before his demise.
The Assembly seat to the 58-Shamator-Chessore Assembly Constituency seat became vacant with effect from July 3.
- Assam Rifles seize 240 bags of areca nuts worth over 46 lakh
- Sipajhar eviction drive: Police arrest photographer in video
- Assam is on state-sponsored fire: Rahul Gandhi on Sipajhar
- Sikkim reports 62 new COVID-19 cases, one more fatality
- Vaccine at home for differently-abled, people with restricted mobility: Govt
- Manipur: Tribal leader shot dead; Naga rights’ body condemns killing