Kohima: The Commissioner and Secretary of the Nagaland Legislative Assembly (NLA) Dr PJ Antony has officially declared the 58- Shamator-Chessore Assembly Constituency as vacant.
The announcement comes after former sitting Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA) Toshi Wungtung passed away on July 1.
The former legislator from the constituency held the charge of Advisor for the Departments of Information & Public Relations, SCERT and Village Guards before his demise.
The Assembly seat to the 58-Shamator-Chessore Assembly Constituency seat became vacant with effect from July 3.
- Possible link between Alzheimer’s, gut microbiome found in mice: study
- Arunachal: 11 teachers from Diyun Circle honoured for excellent work
- War veteran doctor, snake catchers, ‘Rasna’ creator among Padma awardees
- Tripura tribal leader who played important role in tackling insurgency on Padma list
- In a first, Assam minister unfurls Tricolour along India-Bangla border
- ‘The Whale’ is a horror film that taps into our fear of fatness