Kohima: A 25-year-old resident of Dimapur in Nagaland was arrested on Tuesday over illegal possession of arms, said the police.
According to Dimapur Police, the person was held for illegal possession of a .22 caliber pistol with three live rounds of ammunition from the Padumpukhuri area of the city.
The police said that during initial inquiry, the arrested individual revealed that he had borrowed the pistol from another person in order to impress his girlfriend.
The arrested man has been identified as Torin Tikhir. A case has been registered at East Police Station in Dimapur.
Meanwhile, the Dimapur Police took to Twitter to highlight the arrest.
“He chose the Gun instead of a Rose to woo his girlfriend but the neighborhood was least impressed with the gun slinging Romeo. One person arrested for illegal possession of a .22 caliber pistol from Padumpukhuri area.Case registered in East PS,” the district police wrote.
- 3 lakh doses of intranasal Covid vax sent to hospitals: Bharat Biotech
- Musharraf, architect of 1999 Kargil war, leaves behind contentious legacy
- 2,278 arrested in 3 days in Assam’s child marriage crackdown
- Engineer on field trip rediscovers moth lost for 150 years in Arunachal
- ‘Immigrant’ row: Two JAC members attacked at rally in Sikkim’s Melli
- NF Railway clocks 9 pc jump in freight unloading in FY’24