The High Powered Committee (HPC) on COVID-19 has relaxed and re-open more activities in a phased manner while continuing with the existing lockdown measures.
Here’s what will be permitted:
1. Opening of Business establishments:
a. Shops/business establishments dealing with all kinds of goods/items/articles are permitted to open from 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
b. Shops/business establishments dealing with essential goods and commodities such as vegetable, fish/meat vendors, milk booths, bakeries, local grocery stores, public utility services like LPG and e-Commerce services and so on, will remain open on all days.
c. Shops dealing with non-essential goods and commodities to remain open on alternate days for which a rotational arrangement is to be put in place by the respective districts.
d. Every shop besides keeping hand sanitisers for being used by the visitors, and taking measures for ensuring COVID-19 appropriate at all times, as being presently done, will also display prominently the status of vaccination of all the persons present running the shop.
e. Barbers shops and saloons, where close physical interaction cannot be avoided, shall be allowed to open after ensuring vaccination of the persons/attendants running these shops by the respective District Task Forces.
2. Functioning of Government/ Private offices:
a. All the Government offices in the State may open with 50% attendance of staff on any day, and subject to adherence to COVID-19 behaviour at all times. The 50% staff not attending on any day will work from home and will be available on phone/mail for dealing with any urgent office work
b. The private offices in the State may also function with up to 50% attendance, subject to adherence to COVID-19 behaviour.
3. Movement of People/vehicle:
The period of ban on the movement of persons/vehicles except those permitted for reasons/purposes as per the existing lockdown measures has been relaxed for three hours regularly. The movement will be permitted from 5 AM to 7 PM.
4. Permission for religious/ social/sporting events
All religious places/places of worship, wedding solemnization, funerals and sports training are permitted, subject to an attendance of not more than 50 people, and subject to adherence to COVID-19 appropriate behaviour and all the applicable SOPs.
What remains prohibited/closed:
1. Public transportation and inter-district movement of people for non-essential services to remain suspended.
2. No movement of people/vehicles from 7 PM to 5 AM.
The state government has also authorized the respective District Task Forces (DTFs) to take additional stricter measures in particular areas/wards/villages/towns/entire district if in its opinion such measures are urgently required for containing the spread of COVID-19, based on local conditions.
- Navy to open all branches for women from next year: Navy Chief
- 11% of Covid cases that needed hospitalisations had lung scarring: US study
- How can failures in fighting corruption be overcome?
- India needs to be more open-minded about open jails, says researcher
- Walking backwards has a surprising number of health benefits
- IMF says it fully supports India’s G20 agenda