Kohima: In a joint operation, the Nagaland police and security forces apprehended 11 cadres of the Niki Sumi faction of the banned NSCN-K on Wednesday for running an illegal mess and carrying out extortion activities.
According to the Defence PRO in Kohima, of the 11 arrested, seven were active members and four over-ground workers (OGWs) of the Niki Sumi faction who were engaged in illegal activities on the National Highway in Thilixu village under Dimapur district.
Three .32 pistols with magazines, 25 .32 live ammunition and some incriminating documents were reportedly recovered from the arrested persons. The apprehended persons along with the recovered items were handed over to Diphupar Police Station in Dimapur district for further investigation.
In a separate release, the PRO informed that an active member of the NSCN-IM who was involved in supplying arms and ammunition at Burma Camp in Dimapur district was apprehended on Tuesday.
The security forces and the state police recovered one .22 pistol and three rounds of live ammunition. The recovered items and the arrested persons were handed over to the East Police Station in Dimapur for investigation.
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever reclaims myth of an African utopia
- Voices still missing from online activism
- Sharp butt pains & more: 5 lesser-known menstrual cycle symptoms
- Outdated Covid travel advisories, conflicting norms causing inconvenience to people
- Making efforts to protect rights of baby in foster care in Germany: MEA
- Why our world might look very different if dinosaurs hadn’t gone extinct