Kohima: A music video featuring four Nagaland legislators, singing and playing musical instruments to a gospel song while spreading a message of hope, is going viral and winning hearts.
“Everyone is going through a difficult time because of the pandemic. Let us hope and pray that Almighty God will heal us,” read a message at the beginning of the 3:34 minute video.
The Adviser to Urban development and municipal affairs, Dr Nicky Kire, Minister for planning and coordination Neiba Kronu, and Adviser to the department of Power Tovihoto Ayemi, played the guitar, MLA Toyang Chang played the drums.
The quartet harmonized to the song that says “We need Jesus now more than ever”. The video also showed snippets of healthcare workers circled in prayer, police personnel urging people to stay at home, COVID-19 related photos and so on.
Reacting to the video, Deputy chief minister Y Patton took to Twitter saying “We are sailing in stormy weather, but this song lifts our spirits, reminds us that it isn’t forever, and gives us the inspiration to fight on and know that the Almighty is with us. Kudos to Sh @tovihoto , Sh @neibakronu, #DrNickyKire, and Sh #ToyangChang for this beautiful song!”.
High Powered Committee (HPC) spokesperson Mmhonlumo Kikon also took to Twitter to share the video. “The quartet from the Nagaland Legislative Assembly singing for hope amidst the Pandemic! @tovihoto@neibakronu #drNickyKire #ToyangChang performs with baritone notes from Dimapur.”
The video has been widely circulating on various social media platforms.
- Assam: 5 killed, many critical after ‘blasts’ at Cachar brick kiln
- Assam: Woman, daughter found dead in Guwahati, husband blamed in video
- First dataset on tree-moss dwelling diatoms from Mizoram’s Blue Mountains
- Intensify efforts to engage community in forest conservation: Arunachal minister
- Why Anjana Areng, a former banker from Tura, is hoping for a BJP ticket
- Why is BlueWalker 3, an enormous communications satellite, alarming astronomers?