Kohima: An active militant of the NSCN (K-YA) has been apprehended by the Nagaland police along with security forces in a joint operation at Sangsa village in Mon district.
PRO IGAR (North) informed that the militant was held on Monday for involvement in extortion activities in villages along the Nagaland-Arunachal Pradesh border.
In this regard, the police and the security forces recovered three extortion slips. The arrested militant along with the recovered items were handed over to Namsa Police Station in Mon district for further investigation.
Also read: Nagaland lockdown extended till June 30
- Documentary on India’s Covid-19 vaccine journey to air on History TV18
- New NEP accepted by all, country working to implement it: Amit Shah
- Pro-Khalistani protesters attack Indian Consulate in San Francisco
- I cannot be intimidated by police, cases: Rahul Gandhi
- Indo-Bangla border along Dhubri ‘hot zone of crime’: Assam CM
- AI route to stem jumbo deaths: NFR, RailTel ink MoU for IDS