Kohima: A day after the NSCN-IM asserted that it will not accept the alienation of the ancestral land, the Naga Students’ Federation (NSF) also denounced the “proposed peace deal” in regard to the Karbi-Anglong Autonomous Territorial Council (KAATC) in Assam.
“The Naga Students’ Federation is deeply pained and disturbed to learn that the six rebel groups based in Karbi Anglong area of Assam are set to ink a deal with the GOI without the consultation or the consent of the Naga populace who are the original inhabitants of the area,” the student body said.
Despite acknowledging the efforts made by the parties to denounce violence, the NSF said that it is “not in acceptance of the attempt to further divide the Naga homeland”. It added that it is truly saddening as the voice of the Naga people, who are the original inhabitants of the region, were never heard nor sought throughout the negotiation process.
“The NSF stands committed to assert on the inherent right of the Nagas’ and shall continue to strive for the unification of our ancestral homeland. In furtherance, the federation denounces the proposed peace deal and is not in acceptance of any tacit attempt to divide the Naga people,” it added.
It urged the Nagas inhabitants in the region to refrain from attending the signing ceremonies, nor partake in any events related to it.
The student body added that it will continue to strive “For Unified Lim and
Glory of Nagas”.
- PM urges global investors to explore Indian energy sector
- Budget a ‘silent strike’ on poor by Modi govt: Sonia Gandhi
- We want to diversify ties with India: Russian Ambassador Alipov
- 108 South Koreans on pilgrimage of Buddhist sites in India, Nepal
- Soon, train passengers can order food via WhatsApp
- Italy-based Indian man held for impersonating Vice President