Kohima: Nagaland reported 77 new cases of COVID-19 on Sunday, taking the state’s tally to 22,773. The fresh cases were detected out of 842 samples tested.
Among the new cases, 20 are from Kohima, 17 each from Dimapur and Zunheboto, 10 from Mokokchung, 7 from Phek, 2 each from Peren and Tuensang, and one each from Kiphire and Mon. Thirty-eight out of the total 77 new COVID-19 cases were detected through random sampling.
Four more COVID-19 deaths have been reported in the state on Sunday, increasing the death toll to 412. A total of 160 COVID-19 patients also recovered. The number of recovered cases now stands at 16,974.
The current active case in Nagaland is 4,732, of which 4,401 are asymptomatic, 204 are mildly symptomatic, 73 are moderate on oxygen, 30 are severe on oxygen, 16 are severe in ICU without a ventilator, and eight are severe in ICU on a ventilator.
Also read: Nagaland to have 200-bed acute care hospital at Dimapur
Besides the COVID-19 related deaths in the state, other 14 deaths have been reported among COVID-19 patients but the deaths are due to COVID-19.
As per the health and family welfare, 52% of COVID-19 deaths that were reported in the past week have happened within two days of admission in a hospital signifying very late arrival with critical symptoms. While 71 deaths were reported in the past week, 21 deaths were reported home isolation cases and did not even reach the hospital.
The health department had warned that this calls for strict monitoring of symptoms under home isolation and suggested immediate referral of patients before it is too late. “Wait and watch is proving costly,” it said.
- Sikkim’s Revan, 2 from WB to vie for Rubaru Mr India 2023 title
- Odisha crash: Coromandel Express entered loop line, hit goods train, suggests probe
- Tripura: Four convicted for bank manager’s murder get life in jail
- Assam: School timings changed in Kamrup Metro amid rising heat
- Odisha train tragedy: World leaders extend support to India, condole loss of lives
- Rescuers try to raise buried coach at triple rail crash site as death toll is 261