Kohima: Vilhousielie Kenguruse, the President of the Nagaland Pradesh Youth Congress (NPYC) resigned from the Congress party on Thursday.
In a letter addressed to the president of the Indian Youth Congress, Kenguruse expressed gratitude to the party.
“I express my gratitude to congress for the privilege and opportunity bestowed upon me to serve as President Nagaland Pradesh Youth Congress from 17th Nov 2016 till date, as well as assignment in various State/District level committees for party activities,” he wrote.
When contacted, Kenguruse told EastMojo that he has resigned from the post and the party on ‘moral grounds’. He said “I want to take a break. There is no personal grudge. I acknowledge the party for the opportunity and also the leaders—Rahul Gandhi, Sonia Gandhi, and K Therie, through whom I’ve learnt the art of politics”.
Kenguruse said that he is yet to decide if he should join any political party at the moment. “I have not decided. It will depend on time and if people from the other political parties will be willing to accommodate me,” he said.
He added, “If I join another party, it may be a regional party—NDPP. Although BJP is a national party, I will not join it as I have been against it while I was in Congress. I may even rejoin the Congress party.”
- Meghalaya 2023: TMC’s Richard Marak slams NPP’s work record
- Garena’s Free Fire Max Redeem Codes for 6 January, 2023
- Nagaland polls: Only 6 candidates file nominations so far; deadline Tuesday
- Five held in Guwahati businessman murder case
- Shah, Mamata to arrive in poll-bound Tripura on Monday
- ISRO-NASA built satellite ready to be shipped to India for launch