Kohima: COVID-19 cases in Nagaland soared to 22,072 on Wednesday after the state reported 218 new COVID-19 cases from all districts.
The number of new cases detected in the state as per the district is: Dimapur-86, Mokokchung-40, Kohima-34, Tuensang-31, Phek-9, Wokha-7, Zunheboto-5, Kiphire-3, and one each from Longleng, Mon, Peren.
For data reporting, the Noklak district comes under the Tuensang district as there is no separate surveillance unit for Noklak.
The death toll in the state also rose to 386 after 14 more deaths were reported on Wednesday. As reported earlier, COVID-19 deaths in the state steadily increased over the past weeks, with 21% of deaths reported within 24 hours of arrival at the hospital.
Besides the COVID-19 related deaths, 13 deaths have also been reported in the state among COVID-19 patients, but the deaths were not due to COVID-19.
Nagaland health minister S Pangnyu Phom informed that 94 COVID-19 patients from Dimapur (20), Kohima (20), Longleng (12), Mokokchung (10), Mon (9), Tuensang (8), Kiphire (6), Zunheboto (5), and Wokha (4) recovered from the disease.
With this, the number of recovered cases in the state also increased to 16,205. The state’s current active caseload is 4,832.
- NE insurgents staying in Bangladesh but not operating from there: BSF
- Meghalaya Deputy CM hopeful of resolving differences with Assam
- People with A, B blood groups, Rh+ more susceptible to Covid: Study
- Covid long-haulers may experience abnormal breathing, chronic fatigue
- Arunachal brand ambassador Sanjay Dutt says won’t leave state anytime soon
- Manipur CM lays foundation stone for 50-bed hospital in Noney district