Kohima: Prominent educationist Dr PS Lorin, who was the founder and principal emeritus of Tetso College in Dimapur, Nagaland, passed away on Monday morning.
Sharing the news, adviser of animal husbandry and veterinary services and women resource development R Khing took to Twitter: “I am deeply pained to learn about the demise of Dr P.S Lorin, Founder & Principal Emeritus of Tetso College, this morning in Dimapur.”
Through a release, Khing said that Lorin was an “educationist par excellence, a humble soul and a forthright person who stood for the truth”.
“During his distinguished and illustrious life he was actively involved in various social and religious causes and served in various capacities as President, Rengma Officers’ Forum, President, Nagaland College Principal Forum, President, Council of Rengma Baptist Churches, Advisor, Rengma Hoho, founding member and first convenor of NPMHR and member of Forum for Naga Reconciliation,” Khing added.
Further, Khing said that Lorin’s immense contribution in the field of education and social cause will always be remembered.
“In his demise his, we have lost a visionary leader. I share my deepest condolences with the family and well wishers. May his soul his rest in peace,” the legislator added.
- Davis Cup: Prajnesh, Ramkumar lose on Day 1, India trail 0-2 against Finland
- Mizoram U-19 head coach Murtaza Lodhgar dies of heart attack in Vizag
- BCCI may approach Anil Kumble, VVS Laxman for head coach post
- Over 7 lakh people vaccinated in Assam on PM’s birthday
- 37 new cases push Sikkim’s COVID-19 tally to 30,839
- Assam CM dedicates 14 oxygen generators to people