Kohima: Three branches of Axis Bank in Kohima, Nagaland were sealed on Thursday by the Kohima district deputy commissioner and chairman of the District Task Force (DTF) Gregory Thejawelie following the detection of COVID-19 cases.
The bank branches have been sealed for a period of 48 hours as per the guidelines on preventive measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 in workplace settings issued by the Union ministry of health & family welfare on June 4, 2020.
The sealed areas include Axis Bank, Kohima Branch, UT Complex, Opposite Union Baptist Church; Axis Bank, PR Hill Branch, Belho Complex, near Red Cross Building; and Axis Bank, GHS Road Branch, High School Road.
The branches will remain sealed till Saturday (May 29). Fumigation of the premises will be done and aggressive contact tracing will be initiated following all health Safety measures and SOPs of the government.
Meanwhile, in the midnight of Wednesday, Tuensang district deputy commissioner and chairman of the District Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) Kumar Ramnikant also ordered the sealing of the office of the Superintendent of Police (SP).
The order will remain in force for a period of 48 hours with effect from the midnight of May 26.
It informed that regular office activities and public interviews will remain suspended. However, officers and staff will make necessary arrangements to work from home and be available on call to attend to urgent matters.
It advised the employees to remain under home isolation during the sealing period until the completion of necessary contract tracing.
- Modi calls for SCO template to fight radicalisation, extremism
- IT dept widens probe against actor Sonu Sood; search multiple premises
- Meghalaya yet to decide on oil palm cultivation: Forest minister
- Shenzhou-12 astronauts back on Earth after China’s longest space mission
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 17
- Need to increase mineral exploration in eastern states, says Centre