Divisional forest officer (DFO) Rajkumar M said that environmental awareness among the public, children in particular, will be promoted through various competitions to be conducted online.
One category is illustrations such as memes, posters, cartoons, and signage. Open to the public, the theme for this category is ‘environmental conservation’.
The other category is exclusively for school children in which participants will be required to send a maximum three-minute video to show their oratory skills. The topic for this category is ‘innovative ideas for conservation in Nagaland’.
The DFO also said that entries can be sent via email to email@example.com on or before June 3. The competition is open only for the residents of Nagaland, Rajkumar added.
World Environment Day is celebrated on June 5 every year under various themes to create awareness on environment protection.
Last year, too, the day was celebrated through the online mode under the theme ‘biodiversity’ in which the Kohima forest division held an online competition for painting, short stories, poems, posters, and essays.
- Watch: Meghalaya children fall sick after eating ice cream
- Develop ALGs to start fixed-wing flight services in Arunachal: CM to Centre
- Tokyo logs record 5,042 new COVID-19 cases as infections surge amid Olympic Games
- Arunachal: Centre okays memorial for jawan who killed 79 Chinese soldiers in 1962 war
- Assam Gorkhas won’t be tried and prosecuted under the Citizenship Act
- Nagaland Assembly concerned over school ‘occupied’ by Assam Police 14 yrs ago