Kohima: Owing to the exponential surge of COVID-19 cases in Kohima and in view of the saturation of beds among patients admitted at Naga Hospital Authority Kohima (NHAK) for other health problems, increasing the risk of transmission to healthcare workers, the lone district hospital in the capital of Nagaland has been designated as COVID-19 Hospital.
The hospital will remain a COVID hospital till further order. However, emergency services will continue till alternative arrangements are made for delivery of essential healthcare services, the state government informed.
The managing director and medical superintendent of NHAK have been directed to undertake measures such as:
- Managing already admitted patients till the patients are fit for discharge, while ensuring utmost care to prevent the risk of transmission.
- Maintaining isolation wards to keep suspected cases till the results are declared.
- Setting up of a triaging system for prompt identification and delivery of services to serious patients.
- nsuring that except for confirmed Covid-19 cases requiring hospitalization, no non-covid-19 cases shall be admitted.
- For optimum utilisation of resources, all asymptomatic/ pre-symptomatic and mild cases which do not require hospitalization are to be admitted/ transferred to CCC or Home Isolation.
- Expanding the capacity of Oxygen supported beds and ICU, and ensuring adequate supply of oxygen and other essential medicines and consumables.
- Ensuring rational deployment of manpower on COVID duty based on case load and for continuity of essential healthcare services, healthcare workers not on-covid duty are to be put on delivery of essential healthcare services.
- Ensuring rigorous in-house training of all category HCWs on various aspects of COVID-19 management.
- Arrange deployment necessary security measures through District Task Force.
- To identify suitable Government health facilities and pooling of manpower for delivery of essential healthcare services including emergency secondary services, in coordination with District Task Force.