Dimapur: In a bizarre incident, two unidentified men allegedly beat up a shopkeeper in the Chatteshwary Colony of West Yard area in Dimapur for refusing to open his shop during the mandated lockdown hours.
The shopkeeper, Anil Roy, was asked to open his shop by the two men but were denied sale which led to them allegedly punching Roy in the face and breaking his teeth.
EastMojo reached out to Animoy Roy, son of Anil Roy, for details on the incident. He told us that the two men were trying to force into their house and said they were there for ‘checking’ despite them being in civilian outfits and having no identification. “When my father tried to stop them, they punched him and broke a couple of his front teeth, leaving him bloody and injured,” Animoy Roy said. He alleged that the men even misbehaved with his mother and sister who were in the house during the incident.
Animoy said they had informed the police after the incident who visited shortly after, assessed the situation and questioned the victim, Anil Roy. EastMojo was unable to reach the cops for a comment. We will update the story as and when we are able to speak with the police.
- Achieved all, never overstay welcome: Shastri gears up for end of tenure
- RN Ravi sworn-in as Governor of Tamil Nadu
- 2 spacetech startups get access to ISRO facilities to test rocket systems
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 18
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 18
- BJP names Sonowal, Murugan as its candidates for Rajya Sabha bypolls