Kohima: COVID-19 tally in Nagaland soared to 16,150 after 237 fresh cases of COVID-19 were detected on Sunday.
State health minister S Pangnyu Phom informed that of the new cases, 128 are from Kohima, 89 are from Dimapur, five from Mon, four from Tuensang, three each from Phek, Mokokchung, and Longleng, and two from Peren.
Active cases in the state currently stand at 2,809, even as 128 COVID-19 patients recovered on Sunday.
Among the new recovered cases, 86 are from Kohima, 37 are from Dimapur, four are from Mon, and one is from Mokokchung. A total of 12,687 patients has so far recovered in the state.
Meanwhile, three more deaths were reported on Sunday, taking the death state’s death toll to 130.
The health department informed that diabetes and hypertension are the most commonly associated comorbidities among the deaths in the state and that more than one comorbidity can be associated with a patient.
- Mizoram churches condole death of Assam Police personnel in border clash
- Won’t allow illegal coke factories in East Jaintia Hills: MLA Kyrmen Shylla
- Independent committee to probe ‘rice scam’: Meghalaya govt
- Boundary row: Mizoram Youth Congress seeks President’s intervention
- The Optics of India’s ‘Chinky’ medalists at the Olympics
- Heartbreak as Indian women crash out of Olympic hockey final race